Frequently asked questions

How is the name and sex change registered with the gender identity law?

To do this, you must go to a civil registry office and ask for an hour to complete the procedure. There are some requirements to meet, which you can check on the Civil Registry page:

At what age can I change my name and sex with the Gender Identity Act?

Persons from the age of 14 may be brought before a family court with at least one legal guardian. Persons from the age of 18 can go directly to the Civil Registry. More information on Processing cases in family courts:

How is the name and sex change performed for non-binary people?

Non-binary persons must complete the process by means of the name change law Nº 17.344. A lawyer is needed and is brought before a civil court. For more information on this procedure send your case to: [email protected]

Get in touch with us

You can contact us through our phone number

    Pin It on Pinterest